October 12, 2010

Day 281 - Running for My Life

I am frightened of too few words
When my mind never closes them off
In pretty little boxes
Like factory made sausages
My mother always told me that was school
So I ran off to life instead
And there I became enlightened
From a factory devoid of trust
I have run all this time
To a world where the enlightened speak
And the lost ones may find themselves
Where we may instill just who we are
Into the world around us

I am so frightened of too few words
To capture this essence, we are breathing
We are growing past the white little boxes
Out of packaging that would keep things neat

I am so frightened of too few words
Frightened of missing the wind on my face
That proves I am here and so is the world
So is the plentiful place we call home
So are the people who make it full
Of whatever they share
Of missing these things I am terrified

I am so frightened of too few words
That would not share life with others
Not adequately enough to explain passion
To name love in all its forms and times
Places and havens it has created
And its promises - if only in the memories of lovers - to never lose
Their engraved markings in this blessed place

I am frightened of too few words

No comments:

Post a Comment